NRF 2016 “Big Show” on a Tiny Budget?
Last minute approval to attend NRF, provided you keep the cost under control? Following these guidelines can help curb the costs and allow you to get the most out of Retail’s Big Show:
- Share a ride from the airport to Manhattan. Many people on your plane are also en route to NRF. Ask and split the cost.
- Bus from JFK to Manhattan for $16. NY Airporter – $30 round trip.
- Take your first Uber – its free! Use this promotional code for a $22 credit.
- In a rush and missed the bus? Hop in a cab with a vendor/partner. Save money and network at the same time.
- Attend the NRF Opening Night Reception at the Marriott on Sunday night. Enjoy catered appetizers, cutting tables, desserts and a hosted bar.
- Complimentary coffee is offered at several vendor booth espresso bars. Also, attend NRF’s Keynote Coffee Break – open to all Full Registrants on Monday morning 8:00-8:30AM.
- Breakfast at Hectors in MPD, its seven minutes from Javits and a local favorite morning “joint”. Avoid the $25 eggs in Times Square.
- In a pinch for a place to stay, try the Hotel Tonight app. Suggested by locals as a good resource for last minute and affordable rooms.
- Ask that food be brought to a lunch booth meeting. This is acceptable, productive and appreciated.
- Get your kids presents from the “Expo Gift Shop” a.k.a. Vendor Give-Aways. Some are chotchkies, some are kitchy and creative take-home gifts.
In the end, you can always skip meals, double bunk and walk – but there is a better way to go. Have a great show!