We’re thrilled to share with you all the delectable customer experience insights we uncovered in the eleventh annual ForeSee Experience Index (FXI), our study that focuses on holiday retail. The FXI—based on over 40,000 survey responses—is the definitive snapshot into how well major retailers’ web, mobile and store channels met holiday shoppers’ needs and expectations, in addition to how these experiences rank against each other—from the customer perspective.
Download the full research commentary, but to whet your appetite, here are a handful of the many findings from the 2015 FXI:
- Amazon is climbing back up – In 2014, Amazon dropped a whopping five points from a customer satisfaction score of 88 points (on a 100-point scale) to 83. This year, they are climbing back up, slowly but surely, to 86, which is where they were in 2010. While Amazon lost focus before, they now lead—again—by a statistically significant margin.
- Web shoppers are more likely to interact with retailers across multiple channels – Forty-one percent of customers who buy online have also stopped into a store location in the past three months. That’s compared to 31% of store shoppers who subsequently visit the store online.
- Website satisfaction is up while mobile and store satisfaction stagnates – Brick-and-mortar satisfaction continues to stall along with sales despite Black Friday starting earlier than ever. To date, the customer satisfaction score for web is tracking at 79, up two points from 77 in 2014. Store and mobile are at 78 and 79 respectively.
- Customers are open to drone delivery – Initial findings show that 39% of web and mobile shoppers would use drone delivery for their purchases.
- In-store mobile payment still has a ways to go in the U.S. but it’s getting there – American consumers aren’t sold on mobile payments yet but the tide may be changing. In 2015, 28% say they’re open to using mobile payment, compared with 21% last year, with security seen as the primary mobile detractor.
For many more Voice of Customer insights into the multichannel retail customer experience—that you can only get from ForeSee—visit here to download the full research commentary.Categories: Retail